Oct. 17, 2020 Virtual Meeting
FMWA VIRTUAL LUNCHEON MEETING
DATE: October 17, 2020
VIRTUAL PROGRAM: How to Write a Story.
This presentation will address the process of writing a story from start to finish. It will focus on the creative process, plot, place, character, point of view, and other narrative elements.
John Dufresne has written two story collections and six novels, including Louisiana Power & Light, Love Warps the Mind a Little, both New York Times Notable Books of the Year. He’s also written four books on writing, two plays, Liv & Di and Trailerville and has co-written two feature films. His stories have twice been named Best American Mystery Stories. He is a Guggenheim Fellow and teaches creative writing at FIU in Miami.
12:00-12:25: Virtual mingling
12:25-12:30: Board Announcements
- Sign up in advance for a (free) Zoom account (optional)
- Scroll down on this page to register for the meeting. There is no charge for this virtual meeting.
- Please register no later than Thursday, October 15.
- A link and password to join the meeting will be sent to you on the Friday prior to the meeting. If you do not receive the Zoom Invite & link, send an email to email@example.com
- To attend, simply click the link in the email and a browser window will open. Follow the instructions.
- Until further notice, the FMWA virtual meetings are open to FMWA members and invited guests only. If you’d like to invite a guest, please register them below.
NEXT VIRTUAL MEETING: November 21, 2020