Florida Chapter of MWA monthly meetings offer members the chance to socialize, learn about their craft, get inspired, and exchange industry news. We meet on the third Saturday of each month. At our lunch meetings, we offer entertaining, educational programs by accomplished speakers. Topics range from craft to forensics to marketing and are intended for both published and unpublished authors. We welcome other professionals in the fields of writing and publishing, plus those who simply appreciate reading a good mystery novel.
Until further notice, meetings will be virtual only and you will not have the option of in-person attendance. A link and password to join the meeting will be sent to members the week of the meeting. There will be no charge to attend.
Check our Special Events page for meetings held in other locations around the state.
ATTN: FMWA MEMBERS – If you are not receiving the Rap Sheet or the Monthly Meeting notices, please contact us at info@MWAFlorida.org so we can get you back on the mailing list.
Here are the upcoming meeting dates: OCT 17; NOV 21; DEC 19
FMWA VIRTUAL LUNCHEON MEETING
DATE: October 17, 2020
VIRTUAL PROGRAM: How to Write a Story.
This presentation will address the process of writing a story from start to finish. It will focus on the creative process, plot, place, character, point of view, and other narrative elements.
John Dufresne has written two story collections and six novels, including Louisiana Power & Light, Love Warps the Mind a Little, both New York Times Notable Books of the Year. He’s also written four books on writing, two plays, Liv & Di and Trailerville and has co-written two feature films. His stories have twice been named Best American Mystery Stories. He is a Guggenheim Fellow and teaches creative writing at FIU in Miami.
12:00-12:25: Virtual mingling
12:25-12:30: Board Announcements
- Sign up in advance for a (free) Zoom account (optional)
- Scroll down on this page to register for the meeting. There is no charge for this virtual meeting.
- Please register no later than Thursday, October 15.
- A link and password to join the meeting will be sent to you on the Friday prior to the meeting. If you do not receive the Zoom Invite & link, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To attend, simply click the link in the email and a browser window will open. Follow the instructions.
- Until further notice, the FMWA virtual meetings are open to FMWA members and invited guests only. If you’d like to invite a guest, please register them below.
NEXT VIRTUAL MEETING: November 21, 2020
- DATE: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2020
- PROGRAM: How to Write a Story
- PLACE: Online via Zoom
- COST: There is no charge for Virtual Only meetings
- NEXT LUNCHEON IS SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2020: Please Save The Date.